Mozilla Firefox Troubleshooting
Many problems with Firefox are due to faulty extensions or themes, incorrect settings, or corrupted files. If Firefox does not work properly (or not at all), do not panic! This step-by-step instruction will help you in Mozilla Firefox Troubleshooting.
Method 1: Restart Firefox
Open the “File” menu or Firefox menu, then select “Exit Firefox” (Do not use the Close button on the top-right corner of the window). If Firefox works inappropriately, repeat this step and restart your computer.
Method 2: Clear Firefox Cache
Many problems with loading web pages can be solved by clearing Firefox’s cookies and cache. Open the “Tools” menu, then select “Clear Private Data”, select the following items, then click “Clear Private Data Now”:
- Download History
Method 3: Use Firefox’s Safe Mode
- Sometimes add-ons for Firefox (extensions or themes) can cause problems. Safe Mode runs Firefox with your add-on disabled To start the safe mode, follow these steps:
- Make sure Firefox is off (open the “File” menu, then select “Exit”)
- Click the Start button, open All Programs list, and navigate to the Mozilla Firefox folder. Select “Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)”
- When the safe mode dialogue box appears, click on “Continue in safe mode”
- If the problem is not in safe mode, and the reason for the possibility of an extension or theme. Read more troubleshooting extensions and theme articles on the Firefox Support website for more information.